COVID-19 – Briefing Note
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Castledarcy Glamping.
We have set out below an information document outlining information about COVID-19 symptoms and Castledarcy Glamping’s protocol for dealing with a suspected case of COVID-19 during the course of a stay with us.
COVID-19 is an illness affecting the respiratory system. It can take up to 14 days from the date of infection for the symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) to appear.
Reported symptoms of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) include:
- a fever (temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or above);
- a cough;
- shortness of breath or breathing difficulties;
- Headache or sore throat;
- Any other flu-like symptoms.
In the interest of the health and safety of our guests and staff, we would ask you please, should you experience any of the above symptoms or if you have come into contact with a possible or suspected case of COVID-19 to refrain from arriving at Castledarcy Glamping until such a time that you have undergone COVID-19 testing or have remained in isolation for the HSE prescribed period, applicable at that time.
We would kindly request guests please to follow the below procedures:
- Upon entering Castledarcy Glamping, we would please request that all guests use the hand sanitizer provided in each pod.
- Any guest experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should notify Donncha Clair on 083-3277114, as soon as is practicable so that Castledarcy Glamping COVID-19 Response Plan can be implemented – which is outlined below.
Dealing with a suspected case of COVID-19 of a Guest:
- While we request that a guest should not arrive at Castledarcy Glamping if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, the following outlines how Castledarcy Glamping will deal with a suspected case that may arise during the course of a guest’s visit.
- If a guest presents themselves with symptoms of COVID-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they will be advised to seek urgent medical assistance and/or return home to self-isolate, as appropriate in the circumstances. A Mask and gloves will be provided to the affected guest(s).
- If the guest cannot immediately return home or is awaiting medical assistance, the guest will be supplied with hand sanitizer and a mask. They will be advised to refrain from touching anyone or any surfaces and also requested to self-isolate in their POD which has a window. They will also be advised to cover their mouth and nose with disposable tissue and to cough into their arm if necessary.
- If the guest has acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties, or their life is at potential risk, medical help will be sought immediately.
- If the guest cannot drive themselves, transport will be arranged for the guest either to return home or to the hospital for medical assessment. In line with public health advice, public transport of any kind should not be used.
- A record of the suspected case of COVID-19 will be logged by Donncha Clair
- Appropriate cleaning and disinfecting of Castledarcy Glamping will be carried out subsequent to the departure of the affected guest.
Should you require any further information in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to ask Donncha Clair
Further information in relation to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) generally can be found on: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation and we very much hope that you will enjoy your stay with us.
8th June 2021